In Case You Missed It, Here’s Yakima’s Street-Construction Schedule
One of my co-workers said in a Facebook post that there is way too much road construction going on in Yakima! Can’t even get home. I promised her I would give her a map and schedule of the work. The City sent this out to the press last week but it didn’t get much coverage. Here it is case you missed it.
The following sections of streets will be completely closed to traffic overnight from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. on different days throughout this week (June 2-6):
– 40th Avenue between Fruitvale and Summitview – June 2-4
– Nob Hill between 40th and 48th – June 2-4
– 16th between Nob Hill and Englewood – June 2-5
– Lincoln between 24th and 32nd – June 4-5
– 24th between Washington and Nob Hill – June 4-6
– 4th between Division and Walnut and between Yakima Ave and MLK, Jr. Blvd – June 3-5
– Summitview between Yakima Ave and 16th – June 5
Detour routes will be in place so drivers can go around the closed portions of those streets. Here is the map detailing current and future construction, along with traffic alerts.