What The Truck: 10 Tips For Enjoying The Yakima Food Truck Rally In May
Here I was just a minute ago on Facebook, not minding my own business, when all of a sudden, this little ray of sunshine jumped out at me as if it was peeking at me through the clouds:
Frickin’-A! I am over here salivating, just thinking about eating some tasty food truck cuisine at this year’s Yakima Food Truck Rally!
Here’s some advice based on my experience at the previous year’s food truck rally:
- You might want to arrive there late, say around 2 or 3 p.m., so that they won’t run out of food before I get there at 11 a.m.! *grins in selfish*
- I highly suggest you bring your own lawn chair to guarantee yourself a seat while you eat!
- Bring sunscreen, sunglasses and an umbrella to shield you from the bright, hot sun!
- Bring a bag of baby wipes so that you don’t have to hunt down a bunch of napkins.
- Make sure your phone is fully charged before you leave the house so you can take a bunch of selfies or whatever.
- Wear some very comfy shoes. Ladies, for the love of Pete, DO NOT WEAR HEELS! Ain’t nobody trying to see you looking that cute, they are basically there to grub.
- Bring ear plugs if you don’t like the sound of loud bands.
- No fanny packs. (That’s not their rule, it’s just my rule. I don’t want to see any.)
- If you plan to drink a little booze, plan in advance how you are getting home. You don’t want to end up with a DUI. Affordable options include taking a Yakima Transit bus to get home, or get an Uber or a taxi, if that’s your thing. Perhaps you could carpool with some sober friends who won’t be drinking.
- Most importantly, BRING LOTS OF CASH for food and drinks! You don’t want to have to hunt down an ATM, especially when your car may be several blocks away.
Second Annual Food Truck Rally
Saturday, May 13
11 a.m.-4 p.m.
Free to attend
Live Music by “HOT BBQ”
Food/beverages available for purchase.
CONFIRMED FOOD TRUCK VENDORS*:
*This list will be updated with food and beverage vendors as the information becomes available. If you are interested in becoming a food truck vendor, click here.