Why I Love Yard Sales in Yakima + My Tips For Finding What You Need
I love yard sales because I never know what I'm going to find. I'm always looking for specific items (mainly toys for my kids, video games for me and books for my wife) but sometimes I may find a skateboard for $1 - wasn't looking for it but for one dollar I can certainly make use of it. Yard sales, thrift stores, Craigslist - all great places to save some money. I'm not cheap, I'm frugal. Here are a few of my tips I use when yard saling and a few things I need to incorporate. These may work for you and I'd love to hear any advice you may have, yourself.
Here’s what I do to find what I'm looking for, specifically:
• I search through Craigslist at least once a day. I glance, then I use the Search box for anything I may have missed.
• I search through Craigslist in Tri-Cities as I visit there often enough that I wouldn’t mind the drive if it’s worth it.
• I search Craigslist for yard sales (in the garage sale section) on what people are selling. Often times they'll list the items they have.
• I visit Goodwill, Value Village and any thrift store whenever I’m in the area and have the time.
• My friends and family know what I'm looking for so they keep an eye out for me. Especially when it comes to video games or kids toys. My friends and family tell their friends and family who may contact me before putting it up for sale. I save them the trouble by just buying (or trading) it from them.
Here’s what I need to do:
• I need to make friends at Value Village and Goodwill so they can email or text me when someone donates something I’d buy and get to it before anyone else
• I need to make a friend who buys storage lockers that might have this stuff packed away that they don’t need
• I need to just own one of everything so I can be complete with myself.
That's what I've got and it seems to be working great for me. Maybe you have advice? Tell me about it in the comments below.