Yakima’s Biggest Yard Sale Booths Are Going Fast
Yakima's Biggest Yard Sale is right around the corner, which means you'd better get moving if you want us to save you some booth space. The sale runs from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. May 12 at J.M. Perry Technical Institute, 2011 W. Washington Ave., and we're signing up vendors first come, first served until Monday (April 23).
Here's what you need to know:
- A 16-by19-foot booth goes for $45 and must be paid in full when you register.
- Booths do not include access to power. If you need electricity, talk with a Townsquare Media account executive about commercial yard space.
- Vendors are responsible for their own cash and cleanup.
- Booth vendors cannot sell food or beverages in the Yard Sale area -- violators will be asked to leave. Sales of firearms or weapons of any kind are also prohibited.
- All vendor vehicles must be out of the sale area by 7:30 a.m. sharp.
- Vendors can park for free the medial annex off Perry Street. Porta-Potties are provided.
- No roaming sales -- no exceptions. Bring your own tables, chairs, shade, bags and change.
- Unsold items still on the premises after 4 p.m. the day of the sale become the property of the Salvation Army. Please take items you wish to donate to the Salvation Army to their booth space after the sale.
- Sorry, no refunds on reservations.
The annual sale drew more than 3,200 people last year, and all indications are that the crowd will be even larger this time around.
The sale benefits Northwest Harvest Food Bank. Last year, Yard Sale customers donated more than 1,300 pounds of food. Admission to the sale is $3 for anyone older than 10, or $2 with the donation of a nonperishable food item for Northwest Harvest.