Looking for an Adventure? Try First Fridays in Downtown Yakima
If you're searching for something exciting to do for your first weekend of October, baby how about you kick things off with First Fridays in Downtown Yakima? There are loads of activities and offerings, free classes, and beyond! The only question that remains is, what will you do first?
First Fridays in Downtown Yakima
What is First Fridays All About?
October's First Friday will be packed with Spooktacular fun! This montly event in Downtown Yakima features retailers, restaurants and organizations including local artist and performers, enjoy special promotions for customers as well. The Downtown Association of Yakima will be hosting "Art in the Park" every First Friday at Performance Park in Downtown Yakima. You will find a variety of local artists highlighting their creations in the park along with live music.
- SEWN: Do you have a project you want some help with? Do you not have the space you wish you did to cut out your next make? Then join SEWN for their monthly Open Sew! Bring your project and machine (or rent one of theirs) and come sew! Time: 4pm - 7pm. Price: Free! Register at: https://www.sewnfabrics.com/shop/classes-events/2 (Registration is required)
- The Little Soapmaker: From 9 am - 6:30 pm if you spend $40 per store you will receive a free 2oz fragrance oil. Restrictions apply.
- Station1889: Station 1889 will be open from 11 am - 11 pm, offering half-off appetizers for First Friday!
- Soul Seeker: From 12 p - 8 p come in and get Piercing specials, inventory specials, Henna artist, and a visit with a gifted guest!
- Stems Yakima: From 10 am - 6 pm stop by for wine tasting!
- Single Hill Brewing Company: From 6 - 8 pm Single Hill will have an Art Pop-up by Kristen Michael!
- AntoLin Cellars: First Friday hours are 1 pm - 9 pm. MUSIC STARTS AT 7 pm. AntoLin Cellars Presents The Originals. Original Music performed by Kimo Muraki. Plus, discover the work of local artist Becky Wiseman in our Tasting Room Art Gallery.
- Kameo Flower Shop is having a hop crown workshop on October 7th at AntoLin Cellars! Come join us as we get ready for the Fresh Hop Ale Festival! We will have an array of florals, lights, feathers, glitter, rhinestones, and some other fun add-ons! Get creative and get festive. Get Tickets HERE: http://www.kameoflowershop.com/.../hop-crown.../prod11060581
- Mama Corie's Kitchen: Head over to Mama Corie's Kitchen on First Friday with the whole family and paint some spooky rocks for a game of Tic-Tac-Toe!
- Sports Center will be open from 3 pm to 2 am on First Friday! Stop in to hear music from DJ Big Cents!
- Collab Coffee: Gallery Opening for Madeline Alviso Ramirez's "Homegirls and Hoop Dreams"
- The Seasons Performance Hall: Amanda Simmons in The Bistro 2022 Yakima's Got Talent Winner Makes Her Grand Debut in The Bistro Norm's of Yakima: Local artists from the Yakima Valley like Bells Spells, Buried Treasures Yakima, Healing Rowan Creations, and Danielle's Delights. Drink Special (Day of the Dead Margarita) Food Special (1/2 off appetizer with the purchase of 2 entrees)
- Purrr: $8 margaritas and $8 strawberry lemonade vodkas all night long!
- Le Mercantile: Come visit their cafe/market shop and buy one drink and get one half off for this event only For a full map and more info or to sign up as a participating business please visit https://downtownyakima.com/events/first-friday/