George Strait’s Tapatio Springs Resort Closed After Fire
A fire unfortunately destroyed the clubhouse at the George Strait-owned Tapatio Springs Resort in Boerne, Texas on Saturday (Nov. 4). Thankfully, no injuries were reported, but a statement posted to the resort’s Facebook page confirmed that the building “is a total loss” after the disaster.
"We are so sorry to report that a fire started in the Clubhouse this evening and the building is a total loss. We are tremendously grateful for our staff, guests, members and the fire departments that responded quickly, cleared the building to ensure everyone’s safety, and have provided so much to Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort," the statement read.
According to News4SanAntonio.com, the call for the fire came around 7 p.m. Authorities said the fire began in the attic, and it quickly spread through the roof by the time they arrived to the scene. Firefighters evacuated the 20 people in the building, and nobody was hurt.
Strait performed at the resort just a week prior to the fire, raising $1.4 million for Feherty’s Troops First Foundation, which benefits wounded service men and women. As of press time he has not commented on the fire.
Strait and area entrepreneur Tom P. Cusick Jr. bought and renovated the resort in 2011. It sits on 20 acres, and its 18-hole golf course recently underwent a $2 million renovation.
George Strait's Best Pictures From Then and Now