Need Help Finding a Job? This is How I Would Go About It
So you want to make some money, huh?
Ok! Whether this is your first time searching for a job or you are currently working and looking for something new, it pretty much starts the same.
Ask Yourself These Questions
- How much money do I hope to bring home?
- Do I want to work in an office or try something remotely?
The Time Is Now
- Join LinkedIn, this is a social network of professionals. Take the time to fill out all your info and take a professional photo of yourself. Connect with friends and companies you are interested in working with., continue to grow your network. The more eyes on you the more chances you'll succeed
- Update your resume to fit the jobs you are wanting to apply for. You can tweak each resume, using the main copy to work off of, and also write a cover letter that is specific for each job.
- Double and triple-check your spelling and other grammatical errors for basic things like misspellings, not providing your contact information, or not paying attention to the fact you still have the original copy and paste box sitting in the middle of your resume. These simple mistakes are ALL reasons your resume gets thrown in the trash. It might seem harsh but on the flip side, if you can't catch these small mistakes, what's to say you won't carry that on after you are hired. Best foot forward people.
- Don't forget to take a moment to clean up your social media pages. Yes, the company doesn't own you but you do represent them so remove the photo of you smoking a blunt or throwing up the bird, just in case. I recently had a client not want to work with me based on something I posted on my professional page. You do you but be mindful if you can.
Where Is a Great Spot for Job Searching?
- Indeed has been a fantastic resource for me. You can filter your search for your city, the amount you want to make, and set it to show the most recent job listings.
- City of ... each city has a long list, sometimes pages of available jobs in different fields
- School District ... same for every single school district. From cooks to maintenance and more, skies the limit so really go for it.
- Worksource is a fantastic one-stop-shop for assistance with resumes, setting up mock interviews, and more all to help you find the right fitting position.
- Apply, apply, apply for all the jobs you think would be a good fit, and even those outside your comfort zone, you never know what could happen.
- Remember to take time to work on yourself. Maybe start a workout program, go on daily walks or start meditating. Anything to help keep your mind bright and ready for what comes next. Stress can really alter your mood and you'll need all the good vibes you can grab while searching.
Loads of luck and here's what's currently available around our area.
Who is Hiring?
- Prosser Memorial
- Mt. Olive Childcare - 509-966-2190. Speak with Darcy
- Cub Crafters
- Tree Top
- Kittitas County Chamber of Commerce is currently hiring a Director of Tourism & Events - All interested candidates must email the Kittitas County Chamber of Commerce CEO their resume, email@example.com
- Ron's Tacos and Burgers
- Taco Time
- Taco Bell
- Pizza Hut
- Spirit Gas Station on 60th and Tieton in Yakima
- International Paper in Union Gap
- Senior Living Resources
- Valley Mall
- Fieldstone Orchard West
- Washington State Agriculture Department
- Memorial Hospital
- Burger Ranch
READ MORE: See 50 remote jobs that can pay well
READ MORE: Here are 50 ways you can improve your work from home lifestyle
LOOK: Best Beers From Every State
LOOK: Here are the pets banned in each state
RANKED: Here are the most popular national parks