Yakima Youth Awards Nominations are Due March 30
It's that time of year when members of the community can nominate young community members for their acts of selflessness and personal determination. So who makes a great nominee?
Any person ages 5-19 who contributed to the community in the year 2018 for the following:
- ARTS: Performing, visual or literary.
- BUSINESS/ENTERPRISE: Worked toward developing career and/or business skills.
- CIVIC/COMMUNITY SERVICE: Helped to improve the community with one's time or talent.
- FAMILY LIFE: Bettering one family situation.
- LEADERSHIP: Leading by example or teaching others to set positive goals.
- PERSONAL ACHIEVEMENT: Using courage, initiative and determination to overcome personal obstacles.
- Small groups: Up to 9 members
- Large groups: 10 or more members
Deadline for nomination is March 30.
The Yakima Youth Awards Ceremony will be April 15 from 6:30-8:30 at Eisenhower High School.
For more information or an entry form, here are some contacts:
firstname.lastname@example.org or call (509) 248-4848