NATIONAL CHILI DOG DAY (July 28)
Hey its time to celebrate a summer night with a Chili Dog. Hey what a thought since it is National Chili Dog Day. Mmmmmm, Chili Dog! Let’s EAT!!!
More fun hot dog facts:
- In 2010, consumers spent more than $1.6 billion on hot dogs in U.S. Supermarkets.
- Americans will eat enough hot dogs at major league ballparks this year to stretch to and from Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia and Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Fla., the two sites of the 2008 World Series.
- Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport consumes six times more hot dogs, or 725,000 more, than Los Angeles International Airport and LaGuardia Airport combined.
- On Independence Day, Americans will enjoy 150 million hot dogs, enough to stretch from D.C. to L.A. over five times.
- U.S. soldiers in military posts around the world from Fort Meyers in Arlington, Va. to Okinawa, Japan to Aqaba, Jordan consumed 2.4 million hot dogs last year.
Chili Dogs recipe from Food Network’s Tyler Florence.