7 Spots You’ve Got to Check-Out at the Central WA State Fair
Every fair has its hidden gems and the Central Washington State Fair is no exception. With a new leader at the helm, the exciting happenings should be fresher than ever and we've even got tickets you can enter and win for the next few weeks in honor of the kick-off to the fair, running Friday, September 24th - Sunday, October 3rd, 2021.
While you enter and win I figured going through some of the must-sees is in order.
Head Inside the Sundome
1) One of my favorite spots to snag a sweet treat is the St. John's Cheesecake booth. Normally you can grab these cupcakes at Wray's IGA Marketplace throughout the year but during the fair, you can get a cheesecake slice on a stick! Wanna go really decadent? Get it dipped in chocolate and covered in nuts. Berserkers good, and you're helping support St. John of Kronstadt School.
2) Sunglasses. I don't know about you but I seem to lose my sunglasses quite often so a trip to the display booth of every kind is always a must. Plus, if you can manage to keep your receipt and your shades, they will work out the scratches for you. Just don't lose them while on the rides!
3) Chocolate for Days. I don't know what the booth is called but every year it features rocky road fudge, rice Krispy treats as big as your head, rich and delicious chunks of English toffee, and more.
To the Barns
4) Mini Horses. The sweetest, most beautiful creatures, these little guys run wild and free like the big horses but honestly aren't allowed to be left alone in the fields all day because apparently, they can eat themselves to death! If you get a chance to ask the person in charge of them, in the evenings they let them out of the barn for a bit so they can run around in the corral and it is one of the cutest sightings EVER! Seriously, not to be missed!
5) The Feeding Station. If you want a hands-on farm experience, young and old have got to head to the feeding station where you can buy a bucket of stuff to feed to the goats, pigs, and more. Get your farmer fix for the day!
6) Pictures! You can get a caricature drawn of you and the family or grab a giant photo button but my favorite is heading to the spot where you can get a western photo! Pretend you're a gunslinger back in the wild west and really get into your character.
7) I haven't seen it posted yet but I've heard whispers of a Duct Tape exhibit and possibly Larissa Leon, the teen from Sunnyside, who won a $10,000 scholarship by competing in a Duck Tape Brand Challenge where she needed to create a Prom dress made entirely out of Duck Tape. It's insane and super inspiring.
A Dress Made of Tape and More
READ ON: See the States Where People Live the Longest
LOOK: Famous Historic Homes in Every State
50 Most Popular Chain Restaurants in America