City of Yakima’s Bicycle Plan Wants Your Opinion
If you are bicyclist and would like to have some input as to how the pathways, trails and bike facilities are planned for expansion and/or improved upon in the future, here is your chance!
The City of Yakima is in the process of developing a Bicycle Master Plan that will:
- Gather community input on existing conditions, barriers to bicycling in Yakima, and priorities for improvement.
- Build on the existing and planned bicycle facilities and bike-friendly trails.
- Develop a Citywide bicycle network that includes neighborhood routes.
- Prioritize improvements to the bicycle network and develop a plan for implementation.
- Develop policy and program recommendations in the areas of education, encouragement, enforcement, and evaluation.
The plan should be completed by late this year or early next. If you are interested in shaping the future for cycling in Yakima, the committee will hold the first of a number of forums beginning Thursday, May 21, 2015, at the Yakima Convention Center from 5:30-9pm.
If you cannot attend any of the open forums or hearings, you can comment via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting email@example.com.
There is also a short on-line survey you can take as well: