Don’t Have Rotten Pumpkins This Halloween!
We all know the pumpkin I am talking about. You know -- you go around trick-or-treating and the rotting pumpkin on the patio is more horrifying than any of the costumes you are seeing!
Don't be that person! Here are some tricks to keep your pumpkins looking as flawless as your costume!
- When carving out your pumkpin, make sure you clean it out as thoroughly as possible. This includes all of the stringy guts and seeds, because those will be the first to draw mold and rot.
- Moisturize your pumpkin. Once they lose the moisture, they will start to wilt and rot -- so take a spray bottle and keep it fresh!
- Bring the pumpkin inside at night. Ideally, you want to put it in a plastic bag and put it in the fridge, but most people do not have that kind of space. So you can at least put it in a dark cool room!
- Put petroleum jelly on your pumpkin. This will keep it from drying out when you have carved it.
- Lastly, if you really, really want your pumpkin to last, don't carve it at all! Just paint and decorate it instead!