‘Economic Gardening’ Program to Help Yakima Businesses
As Yakima grows, city officials want small businesses to grow, too!
Determined to help Yakima's small businesses keep pace with the growth of the city, the Yakima County Development Association is planning to incorporate a program called "Economic Gardening."
The idea is to bring in industry experts to analyze and gather research that will help local businesses boost sales and/or figure out what they need to do to make their enterprises thrive.
To be eligible for the program, businesses must meet the following criteria:
- Be a for-profit, privately held company that has been headquartered in Washington for at least two years.
- Generate annual revenue or working capital of $750,000 to $50 million.
- Employ six to 99 full-time employees.
- Demonstrate growth in employment and/or revenue during two of the past five years.
- Provide products or services beyond the local area to regional, national or global markets.
- Be referred by a participating economic development or entrepreneur support organization.
CLICK HERE to find out more about how it all works.