Yakima Drug Take Back Day is Set for Saturday, October 24th, 2020
Start taking a look in your cabinets and cupboards because Safe Yakima Valley aka Safe Yakima Youth Coalition has teamed up with the Yakima Chamber of Commerce and the Yakima Sheriff's office for a Drug Take-Back Day Saturday, October 24th, 2020 between 10 am - 2 pm in Yakima, Washington. Bring your expired or unused medication to the Yakima Sheriff's Office, located 1822 South 1st Yakima, WA 98903, and receive some swag for doing your part.
The Yakima Chamber of Commerce will be passing out face masks for the community and Safe Yakima Valley is excited to hook up participants with custom pencils and hand sanitizer.
Stay tuned for a chance to possibly grab yourself a flu shot as well at that time.
If you are unable to make it during these hours please note there are multiple locations where you can drop off unused medications
- Virginia Mason Memorial Emergency Room 2811 TIETON DR has a permanent drop box, just go up to the security desk and you will be directed to the box's location
- Thrifty Payless 12 N 9TH AVENUE
- CENTRAL WASHINGTON FAMILY MEDICINE PHARMACY 1806 W LINCOLN AVE
- GENOA HEALTHCARE, LLC 402 S 4TH AVE, STE E127
- THRIFTY PAYLESS, INC. 2204-B W. NOB HILL BLVD.
- YAKIMA NEIGHBORHOOD 12 SOUTH 8TH STREET
- YAKIMA VALLEY FARM WORKERS 602 E NOB HILL BLVD
- THOME ENTERPRISES LLC DBA HOWARD'S DRUG 119 EAST 3RD AVE
- THRIFTY PAYLESS, INC. 2519 MAIN STREET in Union Gap
Mark your calendar and we can't wait to see you out and about. If you are interested in giving back to the community via Safe Yakima Valley, there are many different options for you to give back right here in our very own area.
KEEP READING: See 25 natural ways to boost your immune system