Yakima’s Master Gardeners Hope You’ll Buy The Best -From Them!
Gardening is a BIG deal around here.
Heck, gardening is a big deal everywhere!
Gardening Stats & Facts
According to Garden Pals:
- 55% of American households engage in gardening activities.
- American adults spend $48 billion on lawn and gardening equipment each year.
- The average garden yields $600 of produce in a year.
- 1 In 3 households in the U.S. are growing food
- Children involved in growing vegetables are more willing to eat them
How Does Your Garden Grow
The vegetable gardening trend is on the rise and these are the Top Ten homegrown vegetables:
46% Sweet Peppers
32% Summer Squash
31% Hot Peppers
Covid's Impact On Gardening
Maybe you're new to gardening? That wouldn't be surprising based on the burst of new gardeners that discovered the passion and pastime of poking in the dirt during the lock-up and shutdown of the Covid pandemic.
- The covid pandemic created 18.3 million new gardeners, most are millennials.
- 42% of gardeners spent more time gardening during the Covid pandemic.
- Global online sales of gardening goods doubled during the Covid pandemic
Annual Plant Sale
But whether you're new to gardening or seasoned in matters of the soil, the Yakima County Master Gardeners have a sale for you. It's the annual Spring plant sale and after the past two years, they are thrilled to tell you that this one is once again, in person
Where, What & When
Friday, Saturday (8:00 am to 4:00 pm) and Sunday (9:00 am to 2:00 pm), April 29-30 and May 1, at the warehouse at 1522 South 18th Ave. in Yakima. There will be Veggies, Annuals, Perennials, Herbs, House Plants, Hanging Baskets and home-crafted Yard and Garden Art made from repurposed materials.
Master Gardner Carol is excited for the sale!