Fisher Park Golf Course Opens For 2012 Season
Who cares if it's raining...pull those clubs out and get to it! Fisher opens tomorrow!
The City of Yakima’s Fisher Park Golf Course welcomes golfers to its 2012 season. The par-3
layout, located on 40th Avenue across the street from Eisenhower High School, will begin play
on Friday, March 30th. Depending on weather conditions, Fisher usually operates each year
from late March until mid October.
Golfers will be able to take advantage of several pricing specials at Fisher this year. For
- Greens fees will be rolled back to “Last Century Prices” on weekdays during the first two
months of the season. From April 2nd through May 25th, the price to play 9 holes at Fisher will
be just $7.00, which is the same as it cost to play a round back in 1999.
- During Spring Break, golfers under the age of 16 can play 9 holes for just $5.00.
- On weekends in April and May, a foursome can play a round for the price of 3 golfers.
- On Mother’s Day (May 13th) moms will get to shoot 9 holes for free as long as they play with
another paying golfer. The same will be true for dads on Father’s Day (June 17th).
- June is National Women’s Learn To Golf month. During June, women can play 9 holes of golf
at Fisher for only $7.00
In addition to offering private lessons for golfers of all ages, Fisher is home to men’s and
women’s leagues and a Thursday evening couples league.
Fisher will also host two best ball tournaments this spring – one on April 15th and another on
May 20th. Other tournaments also take place throughout the year.
To find out more about Fisher Park Golf Course, check out the latest online at yakimawa.gov