Sept. 28 is National Drink Beer Day — Here’s What You Need to Know
Today is an unofficial holiday for us beer drinkers. 'National Drink Beer Day' is being celebrated somewhere at this moment. I will be celebrating it at 4:30 this afternoon. It sounds simple enough, but there are some things you need to know about this holiday of sorts.
1. National Drink Beer Day is an unofficial holiday. He has not been declared as an actual holiday, but it should be.
2. Plato, the great philosopher and mathematician said this: "“He was a wise man who invented beer.” I agree with Plato!
3. Jack Nicholson is one of the greatest actors any of us will ever see, so when he talks, I listen. And he said this: "“Beer, it's the best damn drink in the world.” Amen!
4. One of our great presidents of the USA, Dwight D. Eisenhower said, “Some people wanted champagne and caviar when they should have had beer and hot dogs.” Beer and hot dogs do go great together!
5. Another one of our great presidents said “Beer, if drunk in moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit and promotes health.” Thank you, Thomas Jefferson, and I agree. I feel healthy as hell!
So go and have a beer when you get off work. Don't drink and drive, but have fun!