You Have Tried Ted Lasso’s Biscuits? Here’s the Delicious Recipe
If you are craving a snack. Something that is savory, sweet and every so satisfying. You might want to test out tea and shortbread! I know this combo is super popular on the other side of the pond, the TV show Ted Lasso is where the inspiration came from and this weekend I finally made the, "biscuits" from the television show!
When was the Last Time You Went Through Your Saved Folder?
Ever since joining Instagram I have created private folders for all my favorite recipes, work-outs, crafts and beyond. My very first save was the shortbread cookies that are featured on Ted Lasso.
"Biscuits with the Boss"
That's what Ted calls them, each day offering up his freshly baked treats to his boss, who fawns over them every single time. I have been craving a Lavender London Fog and figured, it was time to try out the shortbread recipe, which happily I found out only features five ingredients!
Ted Lasso Shortbread Cookie Recipe via AllRecipes
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish and line with parchment paper.
- Cut the butter into small chunks and set aside until it reaches room temperature. In a large bowl of stand mixer, combine flour, sugar, and salt until well mixed.
- Add in the vanilla and cut butter, and mix on medium-low until crumbly and no butter chunks remain.
- Press the dough lightly into the baking dish until smooth on top, and prick the surface a few dozen times with a fork. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until golden brown.
If you haven't seen Ted Lasso yet, you need to. I have an even better appreciation for his character and why he bakes these cookies. They were really easy to make, I didn't wait until my butter came to room temperature, I microwaved it. I know, sacrilege, but they still turned out incredible. My husband said this is the best thing I've baked him yet, we have been together for 12 years so that's for sure saying something. He loves simple flavors and this checks all the boxes. Savory, sweet and ever so satisfying. The perfect side to a cup of tea and made with love, what could be better?
Ted Lasso Biscuits and Lavender London Fog
KEEP READING: 3-ingredient recipes you can make right now
50 Most Popular Chain Restaurants in America
Here are 50 of your favorite retail chains that no longer exist.
LOOK: Here Are 30 Foods That Are Poisonous to Dogs
Why do cats have whiskers? Why do they meow? Why do they nap so much? And answers to 47 other kitty questions: