Top 7 Reasons You Can’t Miss the Final Downtown Summer Nights
Is it just me, or is summer going faster this year?
One sure sign we've come a long way is that we've already come to the final week for Yakima's Downtown Summer Nights.
Yakima's Downtown Summer Nights Finale is Thursday, August 11th
In addition to August 11th being my paternal grandmother's 133rd birthday (no, she's not still alive, but we remember her nonetheless) it's also the finale of Yakima's Downtown Summer Nights. A weekly staple for folks who want to come outside, enjoy the summertime weather, have a cold brew, eat some awesome food, hang with friends, and listen to some amazing live music, and your final chance is Thursday from 5:30 to 9:00 pm.
Here are the 7 Reasons Not to Miss Downtown Summer Nights Finale
1) It's free to attend! Come on down to historic Front Street in Downtown Yakima and enjoy the festivities with the whole family. Sure, you'll want to hit the ATM once you arrive so you can purchase food and beverage, but all of the ambiances including awesome live music is yours to enjoy!
2) Food is definitely a great reason to come down each week, with food vendors galore. I seriously had one of the best chili dogs there a couple of weeks ago, that I've ever had in my life. I believe it was called the 'Seattle Dog'. Mmmmm.
3) The Italstone Beer Garden is a 21-and-over section, but they're serving up some ice-cold brews and delicious wines, and more. Have your ID ready, go on in, and chill.
4) Yakima Valley Memorial Hospital Misting Tent is a real treat, especially on a hot summer night. Step in, cool off, and you're good to go.
5) The Title sponsor, Cashmere Valley Bank, always has a booth attended by their staff and they always seem to have some fun merch to hand out. Ask them to spin the prize wheel, it's very cool.
6) The Coca-Cola of Yakima and Tri-Cities Selfie Station. If you're going to be building great memories, have them captured for years to come by stepping into the selfie station.
7) The Live Music. Two great acts each week, and for the finale, it's 47th Parallel and Wasteland Kings. Get ready to sit back in your lawn chairs or get up and dance, either way, this music is going to be just the perfect blend for a great Yakima summer evening.
A big shout out to the Yakima Downtown Association for letting us be a part of this annual series of community events. We'll see you there!