Contact Us

Alcohol Now Legal in Yakima Parks – What Are the Rules?

Case of the Blues
92.9 The Bull

You may have heard that last night, Yakima’s city council passed an ordinance making it legal to drink alcohol in parks.

What does that mean, exactly? What can you do now, and what can’t you do? I assume there are a few questions about the new ordinance, so I wanted to answer them here:

Can I bring a beer to the park with me next time I go?

No. The ordinance only relates to special events. You cannot bring your own alcohol to the city park. You will need a special events permit to serve alcohol in any Yakima park.

How do I get a special events permit?

Step one is to contact the liquor control board and request a special events permit. That, in turn, is sent to the city for review and approval.

The permitting process is geared toward special events – festivals, city-wide celebrations and events, and fundraisers.

You would also need to reserve the park through a separate permitting process.

If I have my wedding in the park, can I serve alcohol?

Possibly – you should apply for an alcohol permit and if it gets approved, you’re free serve alcohol at that event.

I remember getting a beer at Case of the Blues at Sarge Hubbard Park – so how is this different than what was legal before?

In the previous law, there was an exception for corporate fundraisers in certain parks – like Sarge Hubbard Park. The new law allows anyone to apply for a special permit at any city park.

Best of KDBL

Recommended for You

Best of the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing VIP profile. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to using your original account information.

*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

(Forgot your password?)

Not a member? Sign up here

Sign up for Country Club quickly by connecting your Facebook account. It's just as secure and no password to remember!

Sign up to have exclusive Country Club contests, events, coupons, presales, and much more delivered to you for FREE.