Have You Told Your Children These Lies to Keep the Spirit Alive?
Unfortunately, it's a sad truth that our children will eventually stop believing in Saint Nick. But as parents, we do all we can to keep that fire burning in their eyes. And that includes these little lies:
- The elves wrap all the presents.
- Elves make presents in Santa's workshop
- Santa puts on "silent shoes" to come in the front door if he can't get down the chimney.
- Santa lives at the North Pole.
- Santa keeps lists of nice and naughty children to decide who gets presents.
These are just a few examples of what we tell our children to keep their innocent hearts believing in something bigger than they are ... and I don't know about you, but I will continue to tell my children these lies even when I know they know the truth. Why, you might ask? It's simple really. I would rather have to fake the truth about Santa (including the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy and The Sandman to name a few) to keep them young and enjoying their childhood. They'll see the light fade and open their eyes to this sometimes hateful world soon enough. Let the children enjoy some make-believe while they can.