Keep Your Home Safe This Vacation
Headed out for vacation but can't relax because you're worried about your home staying safe? I have some quick tips for you -- and also what the Yakima County Sheriff's Office can do to help you protect your home.
As sad as it is, it's true that burglars look for opportunities to break into our homes and sometimes that comes at the cost of your vacation. So what can you do to help deter this from happening?
- Well, first keep a low profile on Facebook, I know it's easier said than done, but post pictures AFTER you come back.
- Invest in a home monitoring system. I personally have a Ring system and I do really love it. Another useful item to have would be motion sensor lights -- that way if someone does come to your house at night, the light could shoo them away!
- Keep up on maintenance. Have the pool guy or garden company come by -- it keeps the illusion that you are home.
- Disconnect your garage door -- which seems pretty self-explanatory.
- And if you are in Yakima and going on vacation you can actually call the Yakima County Sheriff's Office and let them know you are going on vacation. They will swing by your place and make sure all looks good!