The Average Wedding Now Costs How Much?
The Knot just released its annual "Real Weddings Study," which found the average wedding in America last year cost a whopping $33,931. That's $600 more than 2017.
The study shows the reception food as "$70 average catering cost per guest." $70 PER GUEST? That's just for food! What the heck are they serving? When I got married back in 2007, we paid $15 per guest and we had spaghetti and meatballs.
TOP STATS – THE KNOT 2018 REAL WEDDINGS STUDY
- Average Wedding Cost: $33,931
- Most Expensive Place to Get Married: NY - Manhattan - $96,910\
- Least Expensive Place to Get Married: Idaho - $16,366
- Average Wedding Gown Spend: $1,631
- Average Marrying Age: Women, 29.1; Men, 30.5
- Average Number of Guests: 136
- Most Popular Month to Get Engaged: December (16%)
- Average Engagement Length: 13.6 months
- Most Popular Month to Get Married: September (18%)
Check out the full study here.